We'll finance the project.*
From securing the land to framing the walls, STCU land and construction financing can help bring your vision to life.
At STCU, we applaud the hard work and creative energy it takes for you and your contractors to build your own home. Your project will take time, imagination, and competitive STCU financing to become a reality.
To get started on your dream, contact any member of our Home Loan team or review the loan options below.
Build loan options.
An STCU land loan secures the property for your primary or vacation home in Washington or Idaho, while you complete plans for the kitchen and other designs.
- Fixed-rate loan for home sites in Washington and Idaho.
- Purchase up to 20 acres. Contact any member of our Home Loan team for help buying larger tracts.
- Buy your land first, then take up to five years to begin construction. If you need more time, refinancing is available.
- Low down payment. As little as 25% up front.
- Credit on origination fees. When you're ready to start construction, you'll receive credit toward the origination fees on your STCU construction loan.
With a one-step construction loan from STCU, you can lock your rate before you build. When move-in day comes, your loan will automatically convert to a conventional mortgage with the same great rate you had from the start — with no additional fees or paperwork!
- Pay as little as 10 percent down. If you already own your land, you can use the value of the land as equity to cover your down payment.
- Choose from fixed- and adjustable-rate options.
- Make interest-only loan payments during construction.
- Available for primary residence or vacation property, building from scratch or buying a manufactured home.
All STCU home loans offer:
*All loans subject to approval, including a credit check.
1Loans subject to approval. No deposit required to get prequalified for an STCU loan until after you have selected a property. A $250 application deposit is required on all home loans three business days after you have identified a home to buy and been issued a loan estimate from STCU. The first $100 of your deposit is nonrefundable; however, 100 percent of your deposit is applied to any loan charges due when you close on your STCU home loan.