APR effective 03/14/2018
Loans to get your credit in shape.
Good credit is worth the effort! It can mean access to low-cost financing for your car or home, the opportunity to rent an apartment, lease a vehicle, or even land a new job.
Get your credit in shape with one of two great STCU programs that build your credit, generate savings, and avoid payday loans and other financial traps.
Credit Fit Loan.
Build credit history or to restore your credit score. How it works:
- Apply at STCU to borrow from $1,000 to $2,500.
- If approved, a dividend-earning account is opened to house those funds.
- For 12 to 24 months, you make regular monthly payments. (For example, a monthly payment on a 12-month, $1,000 loan would be about $86.)
- When your loan balance is paid in full, the funds — plus the dividends earned during the term of your loan! — are released to you.
As you make payments, we report your activity to national credit bureaus that generate credit scores used by banks, landlords, insurers, employers, and others you may contact in the future. You build a positive credit history and better credit score, helping you to qualify for credit cards and loans at a better rate, or to rent an apartment, land a new job, and other opportunities.
Start building your credit today. Visit any STCU branch location or contact us to apply for your Credit Fit Loan!
Budget Fit Loan.
Need money fast to help with a budget shortfall? An STCU Budget Fit Loan escapes the vicious payday loan cycle!
A Budget Fit Loan is great for members who have a poor credit history or debt that may be keeping you from being approved for standard financing. It also can help you end a cycle of paying off costly payday loans, title loans, and overdraft fees that make it difficult to get ahead.
How it works:
- To qualify, you must be an STCU member in good standing for at least 90 days, and have an active checking or savings account that receives payroll deposits.
- Apply for a $500 to $2,000 loan. (A $20 application fee is required.*)
- If approved, you receive $250 to $1,000 in cash, with a matching amount frozen in a standard STCU savings account until your Budget Fit Loan is repaid.
- We give you six to 24 months to repay your loan — not all at one time like a payday loan will demand.
- Your initial loan rate is high, but drops significantly when your loan balance is paid down to the amount frozen in your savings account.
- And when the loan is repaid, funds in your savings account — plus any earned dividends that accrued — are released to you.
Get a fresh start today with a Budget Fit Loan. Visit any STCU branch location or contact us to apply for your Budget Fit Loan!
Loan payment options.
We offer several ways to pay your STCU personal loan.
Debt protection from unexpected misfortune.
For loan help, call (509) 326-1954 between 7:30am-6pm weekdays.
*APR = annual percentage rate. Loan rate details and all disclosures