And how to get the most out of it.
STCU membership means more than a free purple pen. It means you're an owner of the credit union, so we treat you like one.
$50 for you. $50 for a friend.
Already a happy member? Now you can get $50 for every friend or family member you refer to STCU!
As a member of STCU, you're part of an organization that:
- Is both local and not-for-profit.
- Waives membership fee for employed educators and any online membership application.
- Supports schools, kids, the arts, and financial education.
- Offers great rates and little to no fees.
- Puts out free cookies on payday. Yum!
- Opens free checking and debit cards daily.
- Gives you access to surcharge-free ATMs and shared branching locations.
- Provides a free mobile app, online banking, and billpay services.*
- Negotiates discounts for members to attend shows, films, and other special events when available. (See below for current offerings.)
- Makes home loans in Washington, Idaho, and Oregon.
- Presents free financial education and friendly advice in person and online.
- Protects your money with federally insured deposits.
- Helps business owners succeed with professional commercial and business services.
- Employs investment advisors for long-term financial planning assistance.
Not a member yet?
If you still haven't joined STCU, you can do it right now.1 You’re eligible for membership if you: (a) live, work, worship, or attend school in Washington or North Idaho; or you (b) have relatives who qualify for STCU membership. (See “Membership eligibility” below.) Your application will take just minutes to complete and we’ll waive the membership fee for online applications and educators who are employed at any school, college, or university.
Cheers to 15 years!
Thanks for voting us best credit union for the 15th year in a row!
Each year, readers of the Inlander weekly newspaper enthusiastically vote for the best of everything, including credit unions. STCU is honored to have been selected the best credit union for 15 consecutive years. Find us on the Inlander's list for "Best of shopping 2020 ."
Six ways to maximize your membership.
Get the most out of your STCU membership by taking advantage of six free deals:
- Free checking: Open a free checking account at STCU and get a free debit card for convenient purchases at the store and online, and with access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMS nationwide.
- First5 Savings Account: Earn a whopping 5.09% APY on your first $500! 2
- Online banking: Log into online banking from your home or office to check account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, or watch your savings grow.
- Mobile app: Download the STCU mobile app and do your banking anywhere your phone has service.*
- Online statements: Keep your confidential monthly statements out of the mailbox and into your secure, password-protected computer or phone.
- Direct deposit: Get your money fast and save a trip to your branch location by asking your boss, mutual fund, or government agency to deposit your earnings and dividends electronically into your secure STCU account.
If you have questions about your membership benefits, please visit the nearest STCU branch location, chat with an STCU member service representative, or call us at (509) 326-1954 in Washington; (208) 619-4000 in Idaho; or toll free at (800) 858-3750 during regular business hours. We'll be glad to help!
*Data and other wireless carrier charges may apply. See your phone carrier for details.
1Membership eligibility. There are many ways to qualify for STCU membership. Before you begin your online membership application, check the eligibility list below to see if any of these apply to you:
- You’re an STCU neighbor. We’re based in Liberty Lake, Wash., but if you live, work, worship, or attend school anywhere in the state of Washington or North Idaho counties of Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, or Shoshone, you can join STCU.
- Your relatives are eligible. If you are related by blood, marriage, or adoption to anyone who meets the eligibility requirements described on this page — even if they have never joined the credit union! — you can join STCU.
- You’re a college student. If you are a student under the age of 18, or you are attending a college or university in the state of Washington or any of the North Idaho counties listed above (“You’re an STCU neighbor”), you can join STCU.
- You work for an STCU Community Business Partner. If you work for a company that has joined STCU as a Community Business Partner, you can join STCU.
2APY=annual percentage yield. The stated rate is accurate as of the last dividend declaration date, and applies to the first $500 deposited in a First5 Savings Account. Balances above that earn 0.10% APY. No minimum balance required to earn the APY. Rate may change after account opening. One First5 account per person. STCU membership is required to open account and fees may reduce earnings.