And how you can get the most out of it.
STCU membership means more than a free purple pen. It means you're an owner of the credit union, so we treat you like one.
As a member of STCU, you're part of an organization that:
- Is both local and not-for-profit.
- Supports schools, kids, the arts, and financial education.
- Offers great rates and little to no fees.
- Puts out free cookies on payday. Yum!
- Opens free checking and debit cards daily.
- Gives you access to surcharge-free ATMs and shared branching locations.
- Provides a free mobile app, online banking, and billpay services.*
- Negotiates discounts for members to attend shows, films, and other special events when available. (See below for current offerings.)
- Makes home loans in Washington, Idaho, and Oregon.
- Presents free financial education and friendly advice in person and online.
- Protects your money with federally insured deposits.
- Helps business owners succeed with professional commercial and business services.
- Employs investment advisors for long-term financial planning assistance.
Not a member yet?
If you still haven't joined STCU, you can do it right now! It's easy to join when you live, work, worship, or go to school in Washington or North Idaho. (See eligibility list.1) Your application will take just minutes to complete, and we waive the membership fee for online applications.
Six ways to maximize your membership.
Get the most out of your STCU membership by taking advantage of six free deals:
- Free checking: Open a free checking account at STCU and get a free debit card for convenient purchases at the store and online, and with access to thousands of surcharge-free ATMS nationwide.
- First5 Savings Account: Earn a whopping 5.09% APY on your first $500!2
- Online banking: Log into online banking from your home or office to check account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, or watch your savings grow.
- Mobile app: Download the STCU mobile app* and do your banking anywhere your phone has service.
- Online statements: Keep your confidential monthly statements out of the mailbox and into your secure, password-protected computer or phone.
- Direct deposit: Get your money fast and save a trip to your branch location by asking your boss, mutual fund, or government agency to deposit your earnings and dividends electronically into your secure STCU account.
If you have questions about your membership benefits, please visit the nearest STCU branch location, chat with an STCU member service representative, or call us at (509) 326-1954 in Washington; (208) 619-4000 in Idaho; or toll free at (800) 858-3750 during regular business hours. We'll be glad to help!
STCU Member Days at Mobius.
To promote affordable member access to scientific and educational exhibits and activities, the credit union hosts "STCU Member Days" to the Mobius Science Center and Mobius Children's Museums in Downtown Spokane.
Simply present your STCU debit or credit card, or an STCU membership card, for free admission for you and your immediate family on any STCU Member Days:
- 10 a.m.—5 p.m. Thursday, June 21.
- 11 a.m.—5 p.m. Sunday, November 4.
Mobius Children's Museum is located in the lower level of River Park Square at 808 W. Main Ave., Spokane. The Mobius Science Center is located across the street from Riverfront Park at 331 N. Post St.
For your safety, Mobius occupancy is limited, so please expect short delays when facilities are at capacity.
STCU Best of Broadway discounts.
From time to time, members are offered a 15% discount on select STCU Best of Broadway performances. To receive your discount, use the first six digits of your STCU credit or debit card as the promo code. Please check back later for discount offers.
National Geographic Live.
STCU members get a 15% discount on tickets to see researchers, scientists, and photographers presenting National Geographic Live events at the INB Performing Arts Center. To get your member discount, use the first six digits of your STCU credit or debit card as the promo code.
1Eligibility list. The following statements explain the different ways you may qualify for STCU membership. Only one needs to apply to you to join STCU:
- You are a Washington or North Idaho resident. If you live, work, worship, or go to school in the state of Washington or in the North Idaho counties of Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, or Shoshone, you can join STCU.
- You have relatives who live in Washington or North Idaho. If you are related by blood, marriage, or adoption to anyone who meets the eligibility requirements described above, you can join STCU.
- You are a student in Washington or North Idaho. If you are a student under the age of 18, or a student attending a college or university in the state of Washington or in any of the North Idaho counties listed above, you can join STCU.
- You work for an STCU Community Business Partner. If your employer is affiliated with STCU as a Community Business Partner, you can join us!
2APY=annual percentage yield. The stated rate is accurate as of the last dividend declaration date, and applies to the first $500 deposited in a First5 Savings Account. Balances above that earn 0.15% APY. No minimum balance required to earn the APY. Rate may change after account opening. One First5 account per person. STCU membership is required to open account and fees may reduce earnings.
*Data and other wireless carrier charges may apply. See your phone carrier for details.