Avoid denial of your STCU cards.
Traveling out of the area? Use your mobile app to contact STCU before you go!
Our security systems are designed to block your debit or credit card if we detect someone is accessing your accounts far from your home. By taking a moment to alert STCU in advance of your travels, we can recognize your financial activity on the road, so you can avoid the inconvenience and embarrassment of blocked cards. (*See restrictions below.)
Notify STCU from your mobile app.
Travel notification may be done from a desktop or tablet, but here's how you do it from your STCU mobile app:
- Log into your online banking account. (If you don't yet have online banking access, register here.)
- Tap the "Self-service" tab.
- Tap "Notify STCU of travel."
- Select the cards you need while traveling.
- Schedule your travel time and location, and how to best reach you on the road.
- Submit your notification to STCU.
*To protect your accounts and minimize losses, the U.S. Treasury Department and STCU currently restrict use of credit and debit cards in the following locations:
Learn more about financial sanctions from the Office of Foreign Assets Control.