What is a financial cooperative? And why that matters.
STCU is a financial cooperative of members, adhering to principles that have guided us successfully for more than 80 years. Simply put, we are:
- Member-owned, empowering members to contribute to the organization's capital — and to reap the benefits.
- Member-governed, awarding each member with one vote to elect our governing Board of Directors, who set policy and direction for the organization.
- Autonomous and independent, practicing our core values of integrity, people, service, innovation, education, and celebration.
- Education-driven, providing financial education and training to help members and nonmembers succeed and to contribute positively to the local economy.
- Community-focused, encouraging our employees and members to give back as volunteers, donors, and caring citizens.
- Cooperative-minded, supporting laws and financial services that benefit not-for-profit cooperatives and our members.
A common purpose.
STCU is a not-for-profit cooperative of people who come together for a common purpose. Some to save, some to borrow, and some to bank with a local credit union that reflects their values.
It's where you belong.
You don't have to be a teacher to join STCU. You just have to live, work, worship, or go to school in Washington state or in Bonner, Boundary, Benewah, Kootenai, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce, or Shoshone counties of Idaho.
So, if you're looking for a financial institution that cares more about people than profit, then join us. We're STCU. We're here for good.