Continuing to help students.
As a financial cooperative founded by schoolteachers, we believe in the value of a good education.
That’s why we’ve partnered with organizations around the region to provide exceptional students with a boost for the next step in their studies.
CDFCU Scholarship, funded by STCU.
STCU is excited to continue the tradition of the CDFCU Scholarship, offered through the Columbia Basin Foundation. Eligible secondary students can apply to receive $1,000 for higher education expenses.
Be sure to check the eligibility requirements.
Note: In the “additional information” section of the application form, be sure to check this box to qualify: “I or my parent/guardian are a member of STCU AND not an employee of STCU, or its subsidiaries.”
Complete the application before March 15, 2023; recipients will be announced by June 15, 2023. Good luck!
CDFCU scholarship eligibility requirements.
- Attend high school in one of the following school districts: Almira Coulee Hartline School Districts, Brewster School District, Bridgeport School District, Curlew School District, Grand Coulee Dam School District, Inchelium School District, Okanogan School District, Omak School District, Oroville School District, Pateros School District, Republic School District, Tonasket School District and Wilbur Creston School Districts.
- Applicant or applicant’s parent/guardian must be a member of STCU.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Plan to attend any institution of higher learning the following year.
- Provide three letters of recommendation: one from a community member, one from a teacher, and one from a coach, employer, or advisor.
- Write a one-page essay explaining the difference between a credit union and a bank, including personal insights about finance and/or money management.
- Employees of STCU, its subsidiaries, advertising partners, and the immediate family of any such persons (spouse, parent, sibling, and children of each of their spouse), and persons living in the households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are ineligible.