APY effective 12/20/2022
Your future's-so-bright account.
Markets may rise and fall, but your STCU certificate will earn great returns — guaranteed!
- Open with as little as $500.1
- Choose your own term, from 1- to 60-months.
- Add $25 to $5,000 monthly to certain certificates to accelerate your savings.2
- Dividends compound monthly.
- No monthly fees.
- Option to open certificates for your IRA portfolio.
- 24-hour online and mobile access.
- Federally insured up to $250,000.
What if rates go up? One solution in a rate-sensitive market is to open an STCU bump-rate certificate, with the option to hike your rate once every 18 months.
Here's another trick: Ladder your savings to catch rate hikes at their peak, and smooth over rate drops over time. Open a new certificate each week or month, reducing your exposure to dramatic market changes, while also making a portion of your savings available each time a certificate matures.
*APY = annual percentage yield. Stated rate for 18-month certificate requires $2,000 minimum opening deposit. Option to bump up dividend rate once during the term to the rate and annual percentage yield offered on that date by STCU. Dividends compounded monthly. Penalty for early withdrawal. Fees may reduce earnings.
1Minimum opening deposit varies. View all certificate rates and terms.
2Additional deposits allowed for 6-12 month, 12-24 month, 24-36-month, 36-48-month, 48-60-month, 5-Year Certificate, and Bump Rate certificate. Additional deposits must be done in person or by phone.