Because unexpected events can happen at any time.
How would you and your family meet your loan and credit card payment obligations in the event of loss of life, disability, or unemployment?
Now you can protect yourself against unforeseen financial misfortune with STCU's Payment Protection.*
How does Payment Protection work?
Payment Protection is a voluntary debt protection program available from STCU. Depending on the package you select, it can cancel your eligible loan balance or monthly loan payment, up to the agreement maximum, in the event of loss of life, disability, or involuntary unemployment. Protection is available for STCU consumer loans, home equity loans, or credit cards.
You have options.
Choose a package that contains one or more of these important Payment Protection options:
- Involuntary unemployment: Cancels your monthly loan payments, up to the agreement maximum, if you are involuntarily unemployed.
- Disability: Cancels your monthly loan payments, up to the agreement maximum if you become disabled from a protected illness or injury.
- Loss of life: Cancels your eligible loan balance, up to the agreement maximum, upon death.
- Option 1: Loss of life, disability, and involuntary unemployment.
- Option 2: Loss of life and disability.
- Option 3: Loss of life.
Enrollment is easy!
No health questions required to enroll. Call us at (509) 326-1954 or (800) 858-3750 or visit any of our convenient branch locations for additional details and rates.
*Your purchase of the debt protection program available at STCU is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. Please contact your loan representative, or refer to the Member Agreement for a full explanation of the terms of the debt protection program. DPGAP-0911-BB72.