published march 10, 2023
Home buying comes with a lot of questions.
Meeting with a home loan officer for the first time can be overwhelming.
To make it a little easier, our team put together a list of questions to ask so you can get the most out of your meeting. Don’t worry, our home loan officers will be with you through the entire process.
1. What loan programs can I qualify for with my credit and down payment?
2. Why should I get a loan through a credit union versus a bank or a mortgage broker?
3. How do you calculate my price range?
4. What’s the difference between getting pre-approved and pre-qualified?
5. How long does the pre-approval process take?
6. What is the first step after my offer is accepted?
7. What closing costs should I expect?
Looking for a little more information? Our first-time homebuyers page has a step-by-step process guide and resources.
All loans subject to approval, including a credit check. View all terms, rates, and find payment examples.
This article is intended for educational purposes. It does not replace the advice of a loan officer, financial advisor, or similar profession.
*Not a member? No problem! Joining is easy. You can learn more about STCU here.
Your comment has been submitted for approval.