Pay off your loan faster!
Does anyone really want to pay a loan for 30 years? Or to be cash-poor each month because of the cost of your mortgage?
Refinance your home loan at STCU, and we'll help you to pay your home loan off faster or reach other financial goals:
- Remove mortgage insurance from your loan.
- Consolidate your debts at a lower rate.
- Get cash out for emergencies, college, or major projects.
- Lower your loan rate and your cost of debt.
- Pay off your loan faster to someday become debt free.
No loan origination fee with an STCU 20/10 fixed-rate loan!
Rates you'll love and no loan origination fee on our 20/10 fixed-rate loan (20 year rate, 10-year balloon).1 Here are the basic requirements to qualify for the 20/10 loan:
- Your home must be your primary residence. No investment, condo, second homes, or manufactured homes.
- Your home must be a single-family dwelling in Washington, Idaho, or Oregon.
- You must have at least 25% equity in your home.
- All applications are subject to final underwriting approval from STCU.
Every home loan is unique, so contact our Home Loan team for help in determining your best refinancing options.
Start your application today or learn more about STCU's popular adjustable- and fixed-rate home loans by clicking any of the headlines below.
1 STCU's 20/10 fixed-rate loan.
Here's how the 20/10 fixed-rate loan works. It's a 10-year fixed-rate home loan that uses a 20-year rate with a 10-year balloon. That means it allows for the amortization of payments over a 20-year period with the balance due in 10 years.
The interest rate is fixed for the 10-year term of the loan, so monthly payments do not change. (See "Payment example" below.) At the end of the 10 years, the balance remaining is due in full. You may have the right to refinance the remaining balance due with STCU, subject to certain conditions.
Refinancing with a 20/10 fixed-rate loan is limited to loans not currently financed by STCU. This is a one-time offer per borrower, even if a previous 10-year fixed rate home loan was paid off. To lock a rate, an application must be submitted and a rate-lock request processed with an STCU home loan officer. Questions? Contact the Home Loan team.
Assuming a loan amount of $180,000, and an estimated property value of $240,000, with an interest rate of 4.75%, the monthly payment schedule would be 119 payments of $1,163.20 and one final payment of $112,105.69. If an escrow account is required or requested, the actual monthly payment would also include amounts for real estate taxes and homeowner's insurance premiums.