STCU has promoted nine longtime branch leaders to newly created oversight positions.
[october 12, 2021]
Five of the nine employees were promoted to district manager, based at an STCU hub branch, while overseeing one to three other branch locations. Three have been named area managers, overseeing several branches. One is a relationship manager, a position that includes oversight of the Downtown Spokane and Hutton branches, as well as building and maintaining business relationships. Each of these managers will also help identify and develop new leaders within the STCU branch network.
- Lisa Chitwood was promoted to Valley District Manager, based at the Spokane Valley Branch. Chitwood has worked at STCU since 1998, most recently as North Branch Manager. She has a bachelor of finance degree from University of Idaho.
- Tracy Malley was promoted to District Manager for the Main, Qualchan, and South Valley branches. An Air Force veteran and Leadership Spokane graduate, Malley has worked at STCU since 1999, most recently as Main Branch Manager.
- Eli Brown was promoted to South District Manager, based at the South Branch. The Spokane native has worked at STCU since 2004, most recently as South Branch Manager. He has a bachelor’s degree in business management from Western Governors University.
- Janell Pavlica was promoted to North District Manager. The Spokane native has worked at STCU since 1997, most recently as Indian Trail Branch Manager. A Mead High School graduate, she is well familiar with the North Side.
- Jamie Anderson, who has worked for STCU since 2003, was promoted from Cheney Branch Manager to Northtown Square District Manager. Anderson, while working at Northtown Square Branch from 2012-16, was among the STCU employees who worked with 2nd Harvest to establish the Bite2Go program at Maddison Elementary School. She has an associate’s degree from Spokane Falls Community College.
- Kate Bacon was promoted from Qualchan Branch Manager to Cheney Area Manager. Bacon, who has 33 years of experience with financial institutions (20 at STCU) is completing a degree in business management from Spokane Community College.
- Nichole Smith, a Hayden Lake resident, was promoted to Coeur d’Alene Area Manager. Smith has worked for STCU since 2004, most recently as Spokane Valley Branch Manager. Smith, a Leadership Coeur d’Alene graduate, holds a bachelor’s degree in organizational management from Whitworth University.
- Delena Hamrick, who has been promoted to Post Falls Area Manager, has worked at STCU for five years, most recently as Post Falls Branch Manager. A Garwood resident and Leadership Coeur d’Alene graduate, she serves on the board for the North Idaho Chapter of Credit Unions, a local chapter of the Northwest Credit Union Association.
- Courtney Crace was promoted to Relationship Branch Manager for Downtown Spokane, a role that includes business development. Crace has worked nine years at STCU, most recently as Northtown Square Branch Manager. She holds a bachelor’s degree in strategic communications and business from Washington State University, and is completing an MBA at Western Governor’s University. She serves a number of volunteer positions, and is a member of Greater Spokane Incorporated.
STCU is a not-for-profit cooperative with more than 240,000 members, 34 branch locations and $4.6 billion in total assets. STCU employees enjoy great benefits, including generous 401(k) contributions, paid time off for volunteering, tuition reimbursement and access to internal leadership training. We’re hiring!