Where we give and why.
STCU's community investment program provides financial, in-kind, and volunteer support to nonprofit organizations that serve communities and citizens in eastern Washington and North Idaho.
We focus our contributions on these type of programs and events:
- Education — Creating opportunities for youth, inspiring them to reach their full potential and to enhance their educational experience. That includes financial education.
- Arts and culture — Promoting creativity and celebrating diversity and culture.
- Community — Promoting stability in our community, especially for youth and families.
Because STCU receives more donation requests than we can meet, we objectively screen requests based on a high standard of eligibility and purpose, distributing our limited donation budget to areas that focus on our mission and purpose.
To be eligible for an STCU donation, your organization or program must:
- Have 501(c)(3) tax exempt status (STCU uses Guidestar to verify nonprofit status) or be a public school.
- Demonstrate an impact aligned with STCU's focused giving areas.
- Benefit communities and citizens in eastern Washington and/or North Idaho.
You don't have to be a member of STCU to be approved for a donation, but please note that STCU rarely donates to individuals, trips, sports teams, or causes that are religious or political in nature.
Request a donation.
Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org at least four to six months in advance of your program or event. Include the following information with your request:
- Contact information, including name, mailing address, and phone number(s).
- Name of the registered nonprofit organization making the request.
- Information about the organization and its mission.
- Information about the event and its purpose, including pertinent dates and times, locations, number of people served (community impact), and anticipated number of attendees.
- Specific request (optional levels of support and corresponding sponsor benefits, number of volunteers needed, etc.)
- Examples of sponsor benefits could include newsletter inclusion, logo placement on advertisement or program, inclusion in promotional materials, social media acknowledgments, and tickets or sponsored table at an event.
Once we've received your request, we will respond in writing within 120 days.