july 15, 2019
STCU has expanded its senior leadership team from seven positions to 11, with the promotion of four longtime employees to newly created vice president positions. At the same time, four existing senior leaders also have received promotions.
The changes come during a period of prolonged growth for the Spokane-based credit union, which later this year expects to exceed 200,000 members. Expanding the leadership team will ensure that STCU keeps pace with members' expectations for service and product development, including rapidly changing expectations for digital platforms, said Ezra Eckhardt, STCU president and CEO.
The new senior leaders, who have a combined 75 years of experience at STCU, are:
- Robyn Galtieri, who has been promoted to vice president of retail services. Hired at STCU in 1998, Galtieri became director of the credit union's Contact Center and operations in 2016. Galtieri holds bachelor's and master's degrees from Western Governor's University Washington and is a graduate of CUNA (Credit Union National Association) Management School.
- Brian Scott, who has been promoted to vice president of accounting and finance. Scott came to STCU in 2003 and was promoted to director of accounting and finance in 2015. He holds a bachelor's degree in business administration and finance from Washington State University.
- Rich Lentz, who has been promoted to vice president of consumer lending. Lentz, who came to STCU in 2005, was promoted to director of consumer lending in 2015. Lentz holds an MBA and a bachelor's degree in finance and economics from Eastern Washington University.
- Scott Rabe, who has been promoted to vice president of digital development. Rabe, hired at STCU in 1993, was promoted to director of project management and software development in 2012. He holds a bachelor's degree in information systems management from Eastern Washington University and an MBA from Gonzaga University. He graduated from CUNA Management School in 2018.
In addition, four vice presidents have been promoted to new positions within the senior leadership team:
- Patricia Baughman’s new title is chief development officer. Baughman came to STCU in 2018 as vice president of organizational strategy and product development, bringing 20-plus years of senior leadership experience. Baughman, who holds a bachelor’s degree from Indiana University and is a Certified Treasury Professional, will continue to oversee strategy and product development, with increased responsibility for the digital experience and development.
- Tammy Fleiger’s new title is senior vice president of operations. An STCU employee since 1990, Fleiger was promoted to vice president of operations in 2011. She has an MBA from Western Governors University and a bachelor’s degree from Eastern Washington University.
- Laura Wood’s new title is senior vice president of human resources. Wood came to STCU in 1998 and was promoted to vice president of human resources in 2016. Wood has a master’s degree from Gonzaga University and a bachelor’s degree from Whitworth University.
- Patricia Kelly’s new title is senior vice president of information technology. Kelly, hired at STCU in 2000, was promoted to vice president of information technology in 2016. She has an MBA from Western Governors University and a bachelor’s degree from Park University in Missouri.
Rounding out the STCU leadership team are Eckhardt, Chief Lending Officer David Flood, and Chief Financial Officer Lindsey Myhre, whose titles are not changing. Two remaining positions, Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Retail Experience Officer, will be filled after a nationwide search.
Founded by educators in 1934, STCU has more than 194,000 members, $3 billion in assets and 23 branch locations in Eastern Washington and North Idaho. Our Rathdrum Branch and Pasco Financial Center will open by early 2020.